What is the Liebster Award?
“Liebster” is a German word meaning beloved, dearest, sweetheart, or darling.
For bloggers, the Liebster Award is an online recognition given by other bloggers to new bloggers for enjoying or appreciating their work. It highlights up and coming blogs.
Once nominated, a blogger is asked to answer 11 questions provided by the nominating blogger. They are then expected to nominate 11 other favourite new bloggers and come up with a list of 11 new questions for those nominees.
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs (less is ok).
4. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
5. Give them 11 questions to answer.
OPENLY BOOKISH’S QUESTIONS:
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE GENRE? YA, & Stephen King (Yes, I consider him his own genre lol)
- TELL US THREE THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF? 1. I’m a proud dog mom 2. I have an obsession with planners 3. I’m a horrible cook
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Autumn
- DOES BLOGGING EVER STRESS YOU OUT? Not lately, I’ve been really on top of my game though, so I’m sure when I don’t have 10 posts scheduled I will be.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK? ATM Final Girls by Riley Sager
- DO YOU HAVE ANY HOBBIES? Reading, Blogging, Coloring, and I’m going to check out astrology.
- WHAT DO YOU LIKE WRITING THE MOST ON YOUR BLOG? E.G. REVIEWS, MEMES, TAGS. I do three blog posts a week which I love equally, Memes on Wed. Tags on Friday and Reviews on Sunday (as long as I have one to be posted)
- IF YOU COULD PICK ONE BOOK TO READ THAT YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY READ WHAT WOULD IT BE? When Dimple Met Rishi (I’ve been on my libraries waitlist a while for this one and I’m second in line, I may have actually read it before this post is scheduled lol)
- WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR? I’d have to go with Stephen King!
- DO YOU EVER THINK YOU COULD WRITE YOUR OWN BOOK ? No, I’ll stick to reading the books not writing them.
- DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE PLACE YOU LIKE TO READ? I love reading in my office (my recliner lol) or by the pool if it’s a cool day.
- IF YOU COULD ONLY READ ON BOOK FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHICH BOOK WOULD IT BE? WHY? cheating here and saying the Harry Potter series lolol
- WHAT WAS THE FIRST BOOK THAT MADE YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH READING? Twilight
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK QUOTE? WHY? “Every human life is the same, worth saving” J.K. Rowling because it is just needed right now!
- HOW MANY BOOKS ARE CURRENTLY ON YOU TBR? (AND BE HONEST, WE’RE ALL BOOK ADDICTS HERE!) 304 according to Goodreads
- NAME ONE TALENT THAT YOU HAVE (OTHER THAN READING HAHA!) making a mean cup of coffee!
- WHAT IS ONE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT YOU WISH YOU COULD PLAY? flute
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK GENRE? WHY? Horror at the moment because I’m obsessed with Stephen King right now.
- WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FICTIONAL CHARACTER? Harry Potter
- WHAT IS A MEAL YOU COULD EAT FOREVER AND NEVER GET TIRED OF? Steak and potatoes 🙂
- IF YOU COULD LIVE IN ANY FICTIONAL WORLD, WHICH WOULD YOU LIVE IN? WHY? Hogwarts because it is everything!
- WHAT IS THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU’VE EVER BEEN GIVEN? Be yourself!
- HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BLOGGING? (on here) Around 2 months
- IF YOU COULD ONLY READ THREE BOOKS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD THEY BE? Under the Dome, IT, and Needful Things.
- DO YOU PREFER PAPERBACK BOOKS OR EBOOKS? WHY? Paperback because I love the feeling of a book in my hands.
- WHAT ARE YOU TOP THREE FAVORITE GENRE’S FOR BOOKS? Horror, Thriller/Mystery, and New Age.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION? LEAST FAVORITE? The Last song was a wonderful adaptation. Percy Jackson is definitely my least favorite.
- IF YOU COULD ENTER ANY FICTIONAL WORLD, WHICH WOULD IT BE? Hogwarts!!!
- IF YOU COULD HAVE A SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Flying
- WHAT FICTIONAL CHARACTER WOULD YOU SPEND THE DAY WITH IF YOU COULD? Percy Jackson, he would have the best stories!
- DO YOU LIKE TO GO OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE WITH GENRE’S? yes, definitely!
- WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE MOVITE/TV SHOW/BOOK AT THE MOMENT? Anything by Stephen King and Siesta Keys!
- WHICH OF YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR YOUR FOLLOWERS AND FELLOW BOOK BLOGGERS TO CHECK OUT? Final Girls by Riley Sager.
- WHAT IS YOUR NICKNAME?
- WHAT IS THE BOOK THAT REALLY GOT YOU INTO READING?
- DO YOU HAVE A POSTING SCHEDULE?
- HOW DO YOU DRINK YOUR COFFEE/TEA?
- DO YOU PREFER PHYSICAL BOOKS OR EBOOKS?
- HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED SPORTS?
- CAN YOU READ WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC?
- FAVORITE BOOK OF 2017 SO FAR?
- WHERE DO YOU GET MOST OF YOUR BOOKS FROM?
- FAVORITE ANIMAL?
- WHEN DID YOU START BLOGGING/MAKE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
Michelle @ Bookaholic Banter
Kayte @ KayteReads
Kat @ lilkadykitty
Jess @ Reading With Jessica
Danielle @ The Introverted Book Nerd
Linda @ Linda’s Little Library
Sarah @ Traveling Across Pages
Libby @ Wolf Libby
If you have already been tagged I’m very sorry, my posts are scheduled very far in advance at the moment lol.